Monday, March 3, 2008

Chapter 1

So here I am. The next chapter. Crossroads reached. Decisions taken. Crossroads crossed. Entrain. Detrain. Tiruchirapalli. Rock Fort City. City of temples! Travelled many time zones to get here but Trichy itself seems to be stuck in a time zone of its own!! (copyright soumya srinivasan!!) Call it what you want, it is still middle of nowhere to me! One week gone and I am settling in. I live in a so called mansion, which, for those familiar with irony in the “In-glish” language, will recognize as being far from its namesake. Like “Bombay duck” is a fish. Like the “Rockfort Express” stops at every goddamn station. Like “ladies-finger” means that the lady was an ugly mutant from Venus. Its home for now and there is not much to complain about except for the compulsory cold water bath early in the morning (NO hot water). Upside is its supposed to be good for health, if you are an Emperor Penguin living in Antartica. The 9 by 16 feet of space (I measured!) I call home includes an attached bathroom. The room is meant to be “double occupancy” but an extra person will mean enough space for only one toothbrush between the two of us. There is just no way I’m sharing mine with a stranger! Two metal beds on either side of the room. One covered with the quilt is my bed and the other covered with my junk is storage area. Two metal tables cum filing cabinets arranged in a neat little square in the middle of the room (pushed up against the long wall) is workspace. Clean. No-nonsense. Utilitarian. Not a domicile meant for prolonged habitation. I hope.

So this is the beginning. I will try and blog a post everyday. Incidences, Co-incidences and other general happenings, occurrences and activities will be covered. I consider it an adventure. You might consider it mundane......who cares what you think! For all its worth, please leave a comment if you think of something.

Time for dinner. Logging of.

No comments: