Friday, August 1, 2008

Chapter 8

“Dei Congratulations!”
“Whats with all the marriage fever in our batch? Anyway, congrats!”
“Who is the lucky girl?”
“Are you crazy??!!!”

Some of the messages on my facebook account. All because I changed the status on my page to seven simple letters, “Engaged”. I am sure there will be more to come and most will be real colourful. Will post some more of these as and when I get them. I thank my friends for taking a little time from their lives either to congratulate me or pass on their condolences!! That last comment was by one of my friends whose idea of a monogamous relationship is one woman only…every week. The last I heard of him he was fleeing from three angry ex’s, taking a trip to deepest darkest Africa. Wonder if he’ll have access to Facebook there?

So If you are wondering why my blog has remained untouched over the past two months ask my mobile service provider. I happen to be their single largest customer, helping them stay afloat in these lean times. My bills are astronomical as are my head, heart and soul (oh…so mushy!). Telephone conversations with this someone special is consuming all my free time and spare minutes are spent with my ears glued to the cell-phone, milking every last drop of juice from the batteries to get another sentence in. She calls herself my “phone-friend”. I call her, “The reason why Airtel has given me a credit line of ten thousand rupees”. I got a call from the customer service rep requesting me to prolong my engagement till the end of the fiscal year as they still had some bad debt to clear!

A twinkle in her eye, one watermelon juice, and a swish of her skirt and she had me hook line and sinker. Or should I say, “Cellphone, charger and Bluetooth!”

My special “phone friend”.

4 comments:

SoulSpace said...

soo
finally you found time to blog.
you have been bowled over by the T!
Trichy/Tulse
all the best
sowmya

Blogeswari said...

Congratulations! When is the wedding?

- Bubby

Unknown said...

Hey:

Good to see your blog. Keep it going. She got you "T"'d off you've got the queen going after "B".
For more comments I need to "phone a friend"
Have Fun.
Pa

swatikalai said...

Hey,
this is that special person in yr life's aunt...yeah!, one more of them. She's always been special, & i'm glad u already know yr worth..
All the best......
kala perima!